- Mow the lawn, trim trees and shrubs.
- Put away tools, garbage cans, hoses, toys, and building materials neatly in the garage
- Check broken roof shingles; straighten lines on gutters, shutters, windows and siding.
- Clean windows and front door. Paint if needed.
- Seal or resurface driveway.
- Clear patios or decks of planters, flowers pots, etc.
- In the front yard - dress up around shrubs and lampposts with large quartz stones, railroad ties, and pine bark mulch, etc.
- Clean all appliances inside and out until they are spotless. Clean refrigerator front of messages, pictures and magnets.
- Clear all counter tops, leaving them uncluttered.
- If it hasn't been used for months ... put it away!
- Wax and polish floors.
- Discard worn furniture and move extra to storage area. Too much furniture makes a room look small. Clear away all magazines, books and unnecessary objects.
- Add lamp and lighting if dark.
- Open curtains.
- Set out fresh flowers.
- If unfinished, make sure concrete floor is swept and clean.
- Seal or paint concrete floors ( battleship grey).
- Clean water heater, change filters, and put strong light bulbs in fixtures.
- Remove unnecessary items from counter tops, tubs and commode. Make each bathroom look like a . guest bathroom".
Sink, commode, bathtub, tile & shower curtain should look immaculate, no soap film or hair.
- Fix leaky faucets.
- Caulk and grout tile.
- Place softer bulbs in bathroom fixtures.
- Clean fireplace
- Replace carpet if it's loud in colour.
- Remove all clutter
- Create an easy-going relaxed atmosphere in your family room. This is where most families spend their time - so make it look desirable.
- Define areas, sleeping, dressing & sitting - by furniture arrangements. Have room as simply furnished as possible Be sure all clothes are hanging up, not lying out in the room.
- Make closets more appealing by storing off-season clothes elsewhere